Friday, March 17, 2006

Things you want to say ...

Okay, I'm stealing this from Anne of Supposedly This Is Good Therapy:

List ten things you want to say to people you know but you never will, for whatever reason. Don't say who they are. Use each person only once.

1. Get therapy, already!

2. Hit rock bottom, already, so you can go sober!

3. He's a jerk. We all know he is. Hold him accountable or kick him out.

4. Tell me what you'd say if I were another doctor and the patient wasn't my kid.

5. You're controlling and a know-it-all, but I really love you, and wish we could just hang out and really get to know each other as people.

6. Go for a nerd. They're much better lovers than Mr. Cool.

7. I love you but you drive people crazy.

8. You are mentally ill, we all know it, and we don't believe anything you say.

9. Your son thinks Jesus is going to reward him for telling everyone my son is an evil wizard, because we're Unitarian. Do you really consider that to be Christian behavior?

10. Ummm, priorities??? Little Warrior has cancer!

I told The Husband about this little exercise. "Hmm, am I on there?" Nope, I told him, I tell you everything I want to say.

Whether he wants me to, or not!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just discovered your blog and want you to know I'm praying for you, Little Warrior, and your family.

Amy Zucker Morgenstern (your colleague in Palo Alto, CA)

Lizard Eater said...

Thank you, Amy! We'll take all the prayers we can get.