Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Damn that Don Williams

Haven't cried about getting the news that the tumors haven't shrunk. Too much to do, plus, I don't want the children to see me weeping all the time. So I say, I'll cry after they go to bed. But after they go to bed, I get busy doing things, and going to bed.

So, I take Little Warrior to get an echo today. Am driving back home, idly singing along with the "classic country" station (the last good country music, with some exceptions, was the 70's, in my opinion). Get to a line from a Don Williams' song:

"...I should be thankful, Lord, I know I should. But Lord I hope this day is good."

Blimey. Tears are rolling down my cheeks.

Damn you, Don Williams! (shakes fist at the sky)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Talking of songs, when my auntie was re-diagnosed with cancer in 2013, as I was travelling the 5-hour journey to see her, I listened to three songs:
-'Wires', Athlete
-'Hall of Fame', The Script
and my all-time favourite country song,
-'One of those Lives', Brad Paisley