Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Ham Gene is Passed Down

Oh, Lordy. Looks like Little Warrior is a ham like her mama.

She's in a bouncy seat, reclining. (Abdominal muscles haven't healed enough for her to stay in a sitting position for very long.) I was in front of her, balancing a Weeble on my head, which she thought was The Funniest Thing In the World. Naturally, I did it over and over.

Finally decided I needed to do some things around the house, so I handed the Weeble to her and looked away for a second. Heard a laugh. Turned back around. She'd put the Weeble on HER head and was laughing like, "See, Mom!" Of course, her sisters and her brother had to come see what the fuss was about. They declared her to be The Smartest, Funniest Baby In The World. They are quite proud of her.

14 pounds of pure ham.

My heart is bursting, full of laughs and love. And I'm thinking of a line from a Carly Simon song: "... so don't mind if I fall apart, there's more room in a broken heart."

Ain't that the truth.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Thats such an adorable picture..