Friday, November 17, 2006

"Home for the Holidays"

If you haven't seen this movie, then get in the Thanksgiving spirit and go. rent. it. NOW.

It's marvelous. A story of a family with grown children. If you don't relate to at least some of it, then I am convinced you were raised by ... well, not wolves. Perfect people, perhaps.

It has so many funny moments, and so many sweet moments. Many that I relate to. And now, being parents, I relate not just to the experience of the adult children in the movie, but to the experience of the parents. Like when they're putting their daughter on a plane to return home and the dad (Charles Durning) says, "Look at that. We made that," to his wife.

Holly Hunter, Charles Durning, Anne Bancroft, Robert Downey Jr, Geraldine Chaplin, Dylan McDermott, David Straithairn in a really hilarious Sad Sack turn ... and directed by Jodie Foster .... you must must MUST rent this. Now. This week.

"Par, par, bogie, par, par." Tee-hee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this movie. My whole family watches it every Thanksgiving. The cast is perfect.. I enjoy it every time. I tell everyone I know every year at this time to see this move! thanks for talking about it! Downey is my favorite actor. I am so glad he is still around and giving great performances. I was thinking.. wouldn't it be great to have this whole cast do it again but like 10 years later! yes everyone rent it!!!