Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

And if you don't know that iconic reference, go to You Tube and search for "WKRP Thanksgiving."

Ahh. Good times.

Well, I actually have the table set for Thanksgiving dinner. The most precious item on the table is the tablecloth. About 6 years ago, I bought a white tablecloth with a darker white leaf pattern on it, and some fabric pens. We use the tablecloth for holidays, and all of the guests (children included) are told to write a little something on it, then sign and date it. Really great memories, looking back at it. Here's from when The Princess was a baby. Here's the year Bo Peep was born. Here's when all of us were together.

I don't know what I'm going to write on it this year. I am beyond thankful. But also scared of what I'll feel when I look back (in future years) at what I write tomorrow. Hopefully, of course, I'll look back and say, "That was a bad year." Because if I do that, then it'll mean that the future years are better.

In any case, we can never know what tomorrow will bring. But I think that mine will include all the members of my little family, and both of my parents. It's just tomorrow. But I'll take it.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh wow, that WKRP episode was classic. I will never forget Les Nessman's commentary so similar to the one from the site of the Hindenberg disaster. I'm giggling right now!

What a cool tradition, writing on the tablecloth!

Wishing you all of the happiness this wonderful holiday can bring. I am coming to the realization that because of my son I have the gift of seeing even more blessings than the average gal would. Maybe you do, too.

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your turkey is perfect.