Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Maybe gall bladder ...

5:43 am. Nothing showing up. Doctor wants to do an ultrasound, if nothing shows up, then they'll send him home with pain meds and wait to see if any other symptoms pop up.

Sometimes, it seems very easy to imagine 100 years from now, when people look back at this time much in the same way we look back at doctors "bleeding" patients to make them better.

To explain the drama ... The Husband never complains about hurting. Never. He's not dissimilar from the Monty Python character in Holy Grail who keeps getting appendages hacked and still says, "It's only a flesh wound!"

So when he does ...

4 comments:

Earthbound Spirit said...

OK - beyond thoughts, now. LE, you & your family are in my prayers today. Yeah, I'm not so sure about the whole prayer thing either - and, really - holding you in my thoughts is a form of prayer. Whatever. May your day be better.

Lilylou said...

Oh, man, this stuff is NO fun. I'm keeping you in my heart, LE. You've been through way too much lately.

Anonymous said...

I hate uncertainty on something like this. *thumbs clenched*

Nancy said...

I think we are the only people on the planet who are dark enough to make a Monty Python reference in the middle of being freaked out. I like you more and more.

I think about the "100 years from now" thing, too, sometimes. I hope that whatever this is plaguing your husband passes or makes itself known so it can be remedied soon. My thoughts and, yes, prayers are with you, too. :) I'm better at thinking, though.

My husband had a kidney stone at work once and couldn't talk. He spent quite some time rolling around in his chair and trying to flag down people from his office. It's funny now, but it sure wasn't at the time.