Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Cartoon Character and Cancer

Lisa (Funky Winkerbean) finds out today that she is not in remission and her cancer has progressed.

Selfishly, I will tell you that I mentally shrieked, "I did not need this today!!!"

Scans are day after tomorrow. We get results on Monday.

Objectively, though, since this is a cartoon character, not someone flesh and blood, it's good. The more exposure, the better.

Hmm. Now if they could just have Wren from Baby Blues get Wilms' Tumor ...

Okay, so that lead me to the thought -- But there's nothing funny about childhood cancer!!! Well, au contraire, Pierre. Like when The Husband and I were in a store with Little Warrior (her counts were good enough for that "vacation"), having just left an appointment at a clinic full of children on chemo. At the store, a tattooed and bald young man was flirting with her. "She's probably never seen a bald head," he said. And The Husband and I fell out laughing.

Okay, so maybe it's not funny as much as insanity. But whatever gets you through the day.

Good luck, Lisa. From what I've read, you're going to need it.

No comments: