Friday, June 30, 2006

Hooray per pasta!

Huh. I babelfished "Hooray for pasta" in Italian, thinking it would be something cool sounding, like Viva la pasta or something. Nope. Hooray for pasta in Italian is Hooray per pasta.

"Le Big Mac."

Anyway, good day. Went and got (hopefully-prayerfully-knockwood-JuJu) Little Warrior's last blood count. And broke in my birthday gift, a pasta roller/cutter that fits my KitchenAid.

I am not in any way Martha Stewart. However, I really, REALLY like good food. So, for the last 16 years, I have spent quite a bit of time using my Atlas hand-cranked pasta roller/cutter.

OHMYGOD having an electric version is terrific. Frees up one hand, for one thing, making the whole process much simpler.

And for anyone who hasn't had homemade pasta ... run, don't walk, and get a roller/cutter. NOT an extruder. It's like a whole different beast than storebought. And if you do like I, and make semolina pasta ... well, the angels sing, the skies weep, however it goes.

We are being hopeful and thus, purchased tickets for The Husband to fly out at the end of July from and to New Mexico so we can go there to visit my parents. "But what about the results of her CT/MRI?" Well, we're hoping they're good.

Hey, what about that. We're being hopeful.

No comments: