Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Visiting Auspicious Jots - The Pre-Story

So, whoo-hoo!, as I mentioned earlier, I am about to go pay my first-ever visit to Auspicious Jots. Let me tell you a little how it happened.

Last August (not December, as she says, but forgive her, she seems to have recovered from her absinthe-induced coma, but there's still a few holes in her memory, doctors say that's not uncommon, especially when you get to our advancing age), The Husband and I had our 18th wedding anniversary. Well, nothing says, "I love you," to The Husband like shipping off his wife to a total stranger, so he sneaked around, I think he called Jots' church, got her contact information, and emailed her to find out how she would feel if he put me (total stranger) on a plane for her to feed, house, and karaoke for a few days.

And by "total stranger," I mean, Twins Separated Before Birth.

I'm not entirely sure who wins Most Deranged in this scenario -- The Husband, for doing it; Auspicious Jots, for not only agreeing to the request by the strange-man-she'd-never-met, but emailing him a picture of her with an insane, enthusiastic grin on her face to give to me to prove that yes, she really did want me to come; or me, for being crazy about both of them.

Time will tell.

She and I were busy at the time, what with cancer and RA and work and all that, so we planned on January, but that didn't work, but now, here at last, we're meeting!

I'm busy packing my molinillo and camera, she's busy making an itinerary. I think a make-over (for me) is part of it. I believe it includes items from Cyndi Lauper's closet. I suspect it is not Peacebang approved.

She doesn't know the names of my kids? Puh, big deal. Apparently she's best buds with all of the Village People and I don't know how I'm supposed to remember all their names.

Cupcakes. Dancing. The Hemlock Society.

And I thought Disney World had wild rides.

8 comments:

Lilylou said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to spend time with both of you---when can you come visit me?

Lizard Eater said...

Ms. Kitty -- Now *that* is a slumber party I want to have!

goodwolve said...

I can't continue reading these missives I am so jealous. Have a good time - and yet know that many women around the country are sad and depressed at not joining you.

Earthbound Spirit said...

Envious... But wishing you lots of laughs & a great time!

Kari said...

pouting. me.

:-)

Have a wonderful time!

uuMomma said...

What EBS said. Have fun

Unknown said...

It sounds fabulous! Have fun :)

Stephanie said...

Wow, I was going to write that I was jealous, but everyone else did! Have a great time!