Saturday, October 25, 2008

The mark of a great DRE

The BFF-DRE is in Albuquerque, along with a gaggle of other Unitarian Universalist Directors of Religious Education. She went to Barack Obama's rally. She called me.

Well, of course. I'm her best friend, right?

She immediately ... asked if The Boy (12) were still awake. I handed him the phone. She held her phone up for the duration of the speech, so that he could hear it, "live."

He is ecstatic. After the speech, he literally danced around the room.

And that, my friends, is the mark of a great DRE.

Edit: To clarify, The BFF-DRE was not attempting to influence the next generation's political beliefs. The Boy is super gaga over Obama, so much so that ... wait, that'll be a whole post in itself.

1 comment:

Masasa said...

I hope we saw one another (the DRE and I, that is) and said hello. Sounds fabulous!