Saturday, August 23, 2008

I hope I remember this ...

I've always enjoyed how normal life weaves together with historically significant moments. Listening to your grandparents talk of being at Aunt So-and-So's house when the war ended and such ...

Some sad, some happy. I was at my parents' house when the Berlin Wall came down. My mother and I watched it on tv and excitedly wondered about the new age of peace that was coming ...

(laughs and shrugs)

Late last night, I had just settled back into my hospital couch after taking Little Warrior for one of her many bathroom trips when I heard a "beep, beep, beep."

I picked up my phone. It was a text message from Obama saying who his veep would be.

Nothing big. Just normal (that isn't, so much) life, weaving together with a historically signficant (time will tell) moment.

No comments: