Sunday, August 31, 2008

Home Alone 2 is on

Well, the last 20 minutes of it.

I turned it on because it's blistering hot outside and you have to spray with Deet just to walk to your car, the skeeters are so bad, and I won't be starting back to seminary with my mates next week, and even though I know it's the cure, not the cancer, LW has lost all her eyelashes and most of her eyebrows and so when she's asleep and not running around like a healthy maniac, she looks really ill, I mean, she looks like a kid with cancer for freak's sake and so at night, looking at her, I can't help but get a little teary and think things that would be great for a Lifetime movie but for me, living my life, really Not So Great and so what I'm really trying to say is that I needed a reminder, a silly, Pavlovian (to me) reminder that Christmas WILL COME AGAIN.

Please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear LE,
There is nothing I can say that will help. But I am thinking of you and praying for LW and for your whole family. There is nothing that makes it okay, but there are people all over this country who hear, who care, and who pray. LW has made every "cancer kid" and every "cancer mom" more real--more human--to me. I can't tell you how grateful I am for that. She is, indeed, a little warrior, and we are all rooting for her as she fights.

Earthbound Spirit said...

LE -
You and LW are in my thoughts and prayers every day, especially when I don't have time to drop by and leave a comment. Hang on, hang in, and remember you are not alone.