Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Went and saw "Wicked"

Went on a fer-real date Saturday. The MIL had given us tickets to see the touring show of "Wicked" at a 2:00 matinee, and SuperFriend not only watched all the kids, she said that if we returned home before 7, she would just shove us out again. So, dinner and a show!

"Wicked" was very entertaining, fun concept, good dialogue. Very talented singers. Only problem: walking out of the theatre, we didn't have a single song bumping in our heads. No hooks.

I'm not up on all the latest theatre. Are there any talented lyricist/composers out there? Any "When you're a jet ..." or "I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair ..." or heck, even "It's the hard-knock life for us ..."?

Back to the show. I appreciated the fact that it was a love story ... a love story between two women friends. It wasn't until my 30's that I really *got* friendship. I mean, I always had friends, but I didn't really get the level of intimacy and commitment that women can have for their friends.

I do now.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I love me some Wicked..but yeah..Im not pulling up any songs...hmm..silence...