Thursday, April 26, 2007

Look around at Normal ... take a big breath ...

And enjoy it.

As I have posited many times, in many posts, I don't think that there is anything, ANYTHING that makes LW getting cancer worth it.

But I am also grudgingly accepting that a silver lining doesn't mean the hurricane was worth it, either. But to ignore the silver lining is just ... wasteful.

The one thing with all the scare and fear and worry ... after I've done some laundry "just in case" I need someone to bring me a pile of clothes to the hospital ...

Tonight, everyone has gone to bed except me and the dog. I finish watching Grey's Anatomy, look around my living room, and take a moment of appreciation. Because here, tonight, I am home. I don't know what will happen in the next 24 hours, and I certainly don't know about the next four days. But tonight, I am home. Tonight, my 4 children are all asleep in their beds. Tonight, my husband is asleep in our bed.

Sometimes, Normal looks so normal that we don't appreciate how beautiful it is. How heartbreakingly, like-the-poet-writes, beautiful.

Tonight and tonight and tonight.

No comments: