Monday, July 03, 2006

Chocolate Cake Shots

July 3rd is apparently being good to many people, like myself (ay, caipirinha!) and Anne (Heck of a Job, Brownie!)

So, in honor of all mind-altering substances (cool words from someone who has never even had one toke of a joint), another recipe from Lizard Eater:

Chocolate Cake Shots

Okay, first of all, I swear this isn't a snipe hunt. When my brother gave me the recipe, I just knew he was pulling my leg. He wasn't. I'm not. Try it.

Layer equal parts vodka and Frangelico in a shot glass.

Take a lime and quarter it. Take a quarter and dip it in sugar. Sugar, not salt.

Bite and suck. Hold the juice. Take the shot. Hold it all in your mouth and count to four.

Swallow.

Tastes like you've just taken a bite of rich, dark, chocolate cake.

Warning: quite dangerous. The first time a person has this, they get a peculiar look on their face. Then they say, "Wow, it really does taste like chocolate cake!" Then they say, "Let me try it again to see if that happens the second time... fourth time ... eighth time ..."

Happy Day Before Independence Day. Hic.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh man..those are some good shots! Thanks for the recipe..I have never made them before. It kind of freaks me out how something clear like that can taste like cake!

(It aint no brownie though!) :)