Friday, December 05, 2008

Great Moments of the Week

Okay, it's Friday. What were some of the great moments of the week?

  • Little Warrior insisting on using shampoo because she has hair now. Even if you need a magnifying glass to see it.
  • Holding the phone out so my four could sing "Happy Birthday" to my 78 year old mother. And her telling me that it was the best birthday gift.
  • Getting our photo Christmas cards back. Lordy, what a motley crew. But I love 'em something awful.
  • LW getting really pissed off (sorry, no other term adequately describes it) because she keeps seeing shows where the characters get to ride in Santa's sleigh and "I Have Never Gotten To Ride In His Sleigh!!!!" Yes, I'm laughing at my child's pain.
  • Signing up for the spring semester at my seminary. Paying the bill was not so fun, but I'm signed up. I order books today.

What were your great moments from the week? Tell me, tell me.

6 comments:

Lilylou said...

My COM meeting yesterday was a highlight, as was last night's dream that I gave a quick peck on the cheek to a man I'm secretly in love with and discovered that he loves me too! Now if that just comes true!

plaidshoes said...

That does sound like a great week! Mine was getting to fabric shopping and actually getting some presents made!

ogre said...

Great indeed!

Let's see... finding out that my beloved had only pulled a muscle, and didn't have appendicitis. That was a good one (it's all about bench marks, isn't it?).

Hearing that a friend passed the MFC.

Persuading myself that I might actually manage to be ready for classes in January--and believing it. At least for now. If I sit down and do the reading and writing...

Oh, and paying for classes. Ouch. But a joy to find that we actually indeed had the money for that. We'll see about paying taxes when the time comes....

Earthbound Spirit said...

Let's see, good things from the week...

I had two excellent meetings with parishioners: one was an interview which is part of a process our social action committee is in the middle of, to discern the will of the congregation; and the other was to start planning a collaborative worship service for MLK Day.

I prepared what I think will be a fun children's chapel lesson.

I got a new (to me) office chair! It is infinitely more comfortable than the one I was using, so my back is much happier.

Despite rotten weather, I did not have to spend a night away from home - nor did I get into any accidents on the treacherous freeway.

Still miss my kitty something awful, though...

Kari said...

I went to a lovely office party with my beloved, watched my youngest two sons at a Tae Kwon Do tournament in awe of their speed and skill (how did those children get so big?), and received a box from my father that had a book of children's poetry given to me in 1975 by my beloved grandmother. She wrote notes about her favorites right on the pages.

So glad about the shampoo.

Nancy said...

Watching my child ask to go inside a play land at a pizza parlor for the first time. Putting his hands over his ears to shield himself from the noise, he wandered around, watching the other children play and wanting to stay instead of run away. He was still on the outside looking in, but he was so...very...close. Yeah!

Hooray for shampoo!