Saturday, June 14, 2008

They Will Know Me By My Tshirts

I wear a lot of tshirts in the hospital. Comfortable, easy to clean, and wrinkles aren't an issue.

Apparently, establishing my identity is also a factor, a detail I realized today when repacking my hospital bag. I have a tshirt from my church, a tshirt from my seminary. I also have my Obama tshirt, but I have opted not to wear it. Finding common ground is more important when you're on the pediatric cancer floor.

I have my Mom tshirt, but I don't take it; it wouldn't really make sense -- "Who Are These Kids and Why Are They Calling Me Mom?"

And just in case you think that this is all an earnest attempt to deny the reality that part of my identity is Mom of a Cancer Kid ... this shirt, I do take:

1 comment:

Shannon said...

perfect. you are amazing.