Friday, October 12, 2007

Random Thought

If you're a parent and you've never watched Parenthood ... I'm sorry, we have to revoke your license.

If you ever want to be a parent ... watch it. Now. If you can't stand it ... um, keep up the birth control.

And if you're not a parent, but you're a minister ... again, watch it. Today. A comedy, with a lot of truth. I can still remember when, after a conference up at the school with Child 1, The Husband turned to me and said ... "I'm sorry. I 'Parenthood'ed' you."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LE: I can't remember if we saw this movie before or after we started down this road, but there have been so many times when I have just stood in a moment and saw Steve Martin in that auditorium when he gets on the rollercoaster and ... have been comforted. It has been forever since I watched it and now that we have entered the middle school years at the same time my father is ill and across country, I'm certain I'm going to purchase a copy to watch on a monthly (weekly? daily?) basis. Thanks, again, for the reminder. See you on the rollercoaster!

Earthbound Spirit said...

Um, yeah - what uuMomma said. I know we saw this after kids # 1 & 2 - stand out scenes: the little boy throwing up on his dad's shoes after a ball game, and the ending with Steve Martin calmly diapering an infant in the midst of chaos. Priceless.

Lizard Eater said...

uumomma: Oooh, "Parenthood-Therapy" -- I like that.

ESpirit: A family friend, and a dad himself, says you get to where you can eat a sandwich with one hand and change a diaper with the other.

PeaceBang said...

LOVE this movie. Cowboy Dan is total sermon fodder.