Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Doing favors for my future self

Monday morning, I was dropping my son off at school when I noticed my gasoline was getting low. I wanted to just go home, but I have class Monday nights, so I said, "This is a present for my future self" and filled up the tank.

It's the kind of thing that I wouldn't hesitate to do for someone else, but for myself, not so often.

That afternoon, as I was frantically getting my stuff together (oh, YOU try and get professionally dressed, make dinner for the 5 you leave at home and get out the door on time), I was very thankful to my earlier self.

I think I'm going do more things for her. I mean my later self. Oh, you know.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love this one! It pays to think ahead. I suppose that's why I kill myself on the treadmill every morning. :)