Monday, April 23, 2007

Albeit Annoying Children

Thanks to UUMomma for the shout out nom as a blog that makes her think and the nice things she said. I have to confess that The Husband and I both got a good laugh out of her sentence "I mean, how much can I complain about my healthy albeit annoying children when I read about how she is putting one foot in front of another despite and because of her baby’s cancer."

We complain quite a bit about our own healthy albeit annoying children, including Little Warrior. (Healthy ... pleaseGodknockwoodThankyewJesus ...)

Little Warrior is in the terrible twos. TERRIBLE TWO'S. As in, "Were our other children this bad???" Of course, it's not actually bad, it's just being an almost-two-year-old. Throwing complete and utter froghead fits because Mom insists that you eat the chocolate pudding at the kitchen table, as opposed to the carpeted living room. Being unable to take said child into a restaurant. Having to leave meetings early. Those of you with children, you know.

I sound remarkably well-adjusted, though, don't I? Ha. So we go through all that, and have the normal feelings one has with a two-year old (namely, wanting to put her in a straight-jacket and shove industrial-strength earplugs in my ears -- The Husband can just take his hearing aids out) ... and then think ... "But what if all this changes. This is nice and normal and even her driving me batshit crazy is normal."

So you wind up having really psycho thoughts like, "Okay, KID, please God let the cancer still be gone and let you be healthy so that I can get back to wanting to cage you!"

pleaseGodknockwoodThankyewJesus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a laugh out of it. Terrible twos has a whole different meaning to me now that I have two girls in early puberty, if you get my drift.

Kelli said...

Thank you SO MUCH! You have no idea how happy this made me. As I write this cookiew crumbles are spewing out of my mouth. Thats because I talk as I type...

Anyway..thank you LE. You seriously seriously just made my day.