Friday, December 29, 2006

I don't want to take down the Christmas tree.

We need to take it down.

For one thing, we got it Thanksgiving weekend and it's quite dried out.

For another thing, we're having friends over New Year's Eve/New Year's Morning and we could really use the space in the living room. Not to mention moving the other chair back in here.

Plus, we have so many other holiday decorations, whittling off some of the work for Monday would be nice.

But if we take down the Christmas tree, it means Christmas is over.

If Christmas is over, then January is just about here.

And January is our next round of doctors' appointments, CT and MRI.

And January 06 was when it all began.

I don't want to take down the Christmas tree.

4 comments:

Boobless Brigade Master said...

Right there with ya.
I go in on Jan. 10th.
Blech.
I couldn't decide when I wanted to take our Christmas tree down either.
Last thursday, the cats decided for us.
Well...that or they accidentally knocked it down while playing with the sacraficial Santa ornament/cat toy at the bottom of it.
Happy New Year!

Boobless Brigade Master said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Boobless Brigade Master said...

Oh...and another thing...I have a bone to pick with you woman!

The Oreo Truffles were a huge hit...but not once in your little written recipe did you mention how incredibly messy they were to make! (grin).

Anonymous said...

I put my tree up around 2 weeks before Christmas (I would prefer to put it up Dec 24th but this is a compromise with the spouse!) and don't take it down after Epiphany.