Saturday, June 06, 2009

Under an Almost Full Moon

Summertime.

Last night, we went to the Drive-In picture show for a double feature -- Up and Star Trek. Perfect combination, if you ask me.

The days are getting long, my friends, and since they don't start the movie til dusk ... and a very dusky dusk, if you ask me, they didn't begin Up until almost 9 pm, which meant that Star Trek didn't start til 11, which meant we got home a little before 2 am.

.. but uh-oh those summer nights

I enjoyed it all. The humidity wasn't oppressive, the mosquitoes stayed away, the Dippin' Dots was cold. The kids had a blast. Both movies were good.

I also enjoyed the conversation with the Serious Trekkers when I dragged myself to church this morning about whether The Big Thing That Changes Everything Henceforth was a good thing or a bad thing.

It's a good thing, if you ask me.

Not that you did.

I'm not usually a big fan of summer -- it gets so hot here, and buggy. But last year, I spent a whole lot of summer looking out a big hospital window. And even at home, we needed to stay inside, at home, no pool, no being around people, no parties, no church.

We still had fun. I kinda insisted on it.

But I discovered that I missed summer. I'm glad it's here again. It's a gift, bugs and all.

No comments: