Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A Year

A year ago today, we went in for a routine scan, and as we waited for LW to be done, I told The Husband, You know, I've finally gotten to the point where I would be surprised if anything showed up.

A year ago tomorrow, I blithely said that if there were something to worry about, we'd have heard from the doctor.

A year ago Friday, I got a phone call from the doctor. A year ago Friday, I physically dropped to my knees and screamed.

A year ago this month, I was frantically writing papers that I needed to turn in early, and packing for a trip to the hospital, where it would be confirmed that yes, the cancer was back.

Today, I am calmly writing a paper that I need to turn in early, and packing for a whirlwind trip through the Disney, Universal, and Sea Worlds, with my husband and four children, which includes a pink and plumping up almost 4-year old.

I have no idea what my life will be like in a year. And I hate to break the news to you, but you don't know what yours will be like, either.

But you know what? It might be really great.

edited to include these pictures:


8 comments:

uuMomma said...

Yep, it just might be. Have a great trip and please be sure to post some pictures of your pink and plumping one.

goodwolve said...

I keep telling people that the security you have is an illusion - not what most folks want to hear. Too scary, I think. Give Tigger a hug for me!

plaidshoes said...

She looks so cute! I hope you all have a wonderful trip :-)

Kristina said...

She's breathtaking. :-)

Christine Robinson said...

It's a magical place. Have a wonderful time! (beautiful pics, too!)

(If you have a moment for adult stuff, take the Trip to Mars for me...)

Robin Edgar said...

Hopefully life will be really great for you and yours for many more years yet. Bon voyage.

Earthbound Spirit said...

LW is A-dor-ah-buhl! Love the Piglet on her dress. Have fun!

Brittany said...

LW looks wonderful!