Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I Pick Up My Guitar Again

The fingers of my left hand have their nails clipped down, and are puffy, sore and throbbing.

It feels f-ing great.

I picked up my guitar for the first time since December. After All Of This began, I had neither the time nor inclination to strum.

But, right now, ignorance is bliss. Hopefully, of course, knowledge will be even more bliss. Little Warrior had a ct scan last Thursday and we still don't know the results. So, enjoy the ignorance; you can't hurry them up anyway.

Anyway, I got my reservation certificate for "summer camp" in the mail, along with all my friends receiving theirs. Come July, we might all be hanging out together.

This led me to the aforementioned guitar and the song for all guitar-playing-going-to-camp-loving-sing-alongs-flag-flying-freaks, Rise Up Singing.

Wow. Amazing the depth of meaning to so many songs, once one has gone through another Life Experience. And Little Warrior was singing along with me. And mouthing on the new tuner I received for Christmas and just figured out how to use.

And I played my favorite song in the world. I loved this before All Of This, but now ... well, you know I had tears pouring as I played.

My life flows on in endless song
Above earth's lamentation.
I hear the real, though far off hymn
That hails the new creation
Above the tumult and the strife,
I hear the music ringing;
It sounds an echo in my soul
How can I keep from singing?

What through the tempest loudly roars,
I hear the truth, it liveth.
What through the darkness round me close,
Songs in the night it giveth.
No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that rock I'm clinging.
Since love is lord of Heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?

1 comment:

Tiffanie said...

I love Enya. I love that particular song too. I play it on the piano. So sweet that she was singing with you.

((Hugs))