Monday, April 03, 2006

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do." - Joe Walsh

Amazing how ungrateful we humans can be. Or maybe it's just me. Little Warrior is still in the ICU, not because of anything going wrong, but because they can't find a bed for her elsewhere in the hospital. So, we're cramped up next to two other beds, very loud, staff hollering down the room at each other (not "stat, important stuff!" but "hey, girl, do you want Popeyes for lunch or McDonalds?") and I'm irritated.

Taking a cue from "supposedly this is good therapy" ... my gratefuls:

a) we have a bed in the ICU, in a wonderful hospital
b) I have a husband who can be here with me and trade out sleep time
c) I got 5 hours of sleep last night
d) we can afford all this .. or at least have the means to fake it
e) I have so many great friends sending us love
f) We have wonderful parents who are watching our other kids so we don't even have to worry about them
g) There's a library with a computer so I can vent all this
h) Our wonderful, wonderful little girl is alive.

Okay. Time to hit the milk bank and pump. Good humor is restored.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Its amazing what thinking about the positive stuff can do..even if it is just a little fake happy..sometimes fake happy is better than none at all..

I'll be praying for a bed to open up...

Christine Robinson said...

I'm glad things are going so well with your baby that you can complain about the irritations and indignities of hospitalization.