We're okay. We're in the hospital.
Wait. That sounds like when my mother said, ""LE was in a car accident. You don't have to do anything. I have it all under control. She's at the Klein Funeral Home."
So, answering questions I've received:
1) Everyone in my family is fine.
2) As far as we can tell, our house is fine. Back fence blown down, some damage to our deck where it was attacked in a fit of dying rage by a tree.
3) We still don't have electricity at my house.
4) My kids are, amazingly enough, neither wrecking the house nor killing each other. We got a cool front, so they're running and playing and reading books. Oh, they did spend the first day "pretending" to play Wii, but they got past that.
5) It was very scary.
6) I still think not evacuating was the right thing to do, based on our circumstances and where we live. But after going through that (see 5) I would definitely evacuate for a Cat. 3.
We are in the hospital for LE's 4 day chemo, delayed a week due to the Hurricane. Not something I figured on when I wrote up the schedule, but I always wrote the schedule in pencil anyway. She and I are enjoying electricity, wifi, tv, air-conditioning, and ice. ICE! Until you've gone nearly a week without it, you can't imagine how much ice is a part of your life. For once, we felt like the lucky ones, leaving the rest at home.
I wrote some of the experience as it was going on. I'll be posting that later.
Thanks for caring, guys.