Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Thank you for a wild Saturday night," he said, bending down ...

... and kissing me on the cheek. "Goodnight, Mom. And are you sure I shouldn't do some more homework?"

"It's 10:30, Boy! Go up to the playroom and sleep in front of a movie!"

A Wild Saturday Night for an 11 year old boy, in case you're wondering, involves watching Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide on Nick, dancing with one's parents and sisters to AME and Pentecostal gospel tunes* and watching old Weird Al Yankovic videos on YouTube.

Of the latter, The Boy and I have a special affinity. Especially when we found Weird Al's "The Night Santa Went Crazy." TRULY twisted. NOT for your younger believer children. PERFECT for a new middle-schooler. We laughed so hard. The Boy wrapped his arms around me, insanely chortling.

A Wild Saturday Night.

(smile)




* Hey, I've got religion! "Well, you certainly didn't get it here!" (Old UU joke.)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

This post was so very sweet.

And I have never heard that particular Weird Al song (I am a fan -- saw him live at the county fair!). It's PRECIOUS. I am putting it on my Christmas CD this year. I think I got a great Christmas song from you last year, now that I think about it!