Monday, January 21, 2008

God is talking to you through my blog:

"Go Get a Tetanus Shot!"

Hopefully, of course, you are much smarter than The Husband and I, and you've kept up to date on all the necessary vaccinations and boosters.  We have not.

So yesterday, being good UUs and friends, we went over to a friend's house and helped her dig out her broken sewage line.  Well, The Husband helped dig, I helped watch kids.  More or less.

So today, hearing this, my smart mother said ... "And has he had a tetanus shot?"

Um ... huh.  He was knee deep in sewage and um, no.  

"You have 36 hours from time of contact to get one."  (How does my mother know this stuff???)

Tomorrow, 8 am, The Husband is going to chat with the good people at the clinic down the street; I know there is some concern about what kind you get, and whether you get the slow-acting vaccine, or the antivenin.

The panic I'm feeling right now was entirely preventable.  I'll be getting my shot ASAP.

Go get yours.

1 comment:

fausto said...

This must be what Edward Everett Hale meant when he said, "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something I can do. What I can do I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do."

And what James Luther Adams meant by "the prophethood of all believers".

And what better day to do it on!