Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Perfect Margarita

We take a break from our regularly scheduled programming (because really, when Elie Wiesel is being attacked on an elevator and Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband is claiming that he is her baby daddy, the world has simply gone too crazy for words and you must take a break from reality) for The Perfect Margarita.

I had heard about making margs with agave nectar, so I decided to start with American Princess's recipe. Start and stop. It's perfect. (Those of you who are not granola-heads, you can get agave nectar at your local health food store. Get the light, not the dark or amber.)

6 parts good tequila, 4 parts lime juice, and 1.5 parts (a mod to the original recipe) of agave nectar. Salt on the rim.

Warning: this drink is much smoother than the amount of tequila would indicate. POW.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This almost makes me wish I hadn't already consumed all of my life-long allotment (and perhaps that of a few other people) of tequilla in one very fuzzy trip to Mexico (in my youth, of course). I wonder if it could be modified using vodka? Hmmmm

Nancy said...

I agree that the world has simply gone nuts. Both of those stories left me shaking my head in amazement. Sigh...

I am SO trying that! mmmmmm