Sunday, September 04, 2005

Lizard Eater returns

I'm back.

Well, after months of selling one house, buying another, having a baby ... I have returned. Months that included serious questioning of myself about going back to seminary, do I really think I can be the kind of parent I want to be AND be a student/minister ... well, the call goes on.

Had already been scheduled to give a talk out of town this weekend ... then Katrina hits. Radically changed my sermon, of course. How could you not address it?

Irony/irony/irony ... about 4 weeks ago, I had asked this church if they could get someone to do a particular song. They had an incredible singer today. The song? Bridge Over Troubled Water.

By "weary," I was completely melted down. Oh well. I had always worried about what would happen if I cried in the pulpit. Now I know. If you're crying in the pulpit, it probably means that at least half the congregation is crying already anyway.

Had something said to me after the service ... that touched me profoundly, and made me feel like, "oh, yeah, I really have been called ..."

So, good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise ... eww. Scratch that saying for a while.

Um ... good Lord willin' ... I'll start back in January. Hopefully The Wren will take a bottle by then.

Glad to be back.

No comments: